Wednesday 2 July 2008

Sprawk

This evening I had another new visitor...

Perhaps not the type you want but:





Does this solve the mystery of the dead Bullfinch? I'm not sure I want to go into the technicalities of how each predator kills, eats and leaves their prey.
As amazing as it is, I'm pretty sure I will be less than happy if it's a regular visitor. Perhaps it was casing the area, I'm not sure if there's any easy angle for it to come in at without being spotted - I hope so anyway.
Sorry about the poor photos, it had gone 9pm and storm clouds had come over although it hadn't begun raining yet. The camera was seriously struggling, thankful for IS on the lens.

4 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

pics are good especially for that time of night.

Sprawk has to eat..

Liz said...

Thanks Pete, I'm surprised they came out so light to be honest becausefrom where we were sat the hedge looked almost black!

Yup, they gotta eat and the sheer numbers of Sparras we have at the moment are sure to be a target. I must have at least 30, each family and around 4/5 youngsters and juveniles flying around!

Tricia Ryder said...

Well done on getting good pictures with such poor light Liz.

Like them or not (and I do) they are rather lovely looking birds IMHO

Liz said...

Oh, I do like them Tricia, I just hope I never witness them catching anything...

Just wish they didn't have that darn habit of eating small garden birds :D